Tokyosnowlet: I Pose a Question about the Federal Reserve,,,,Wide Open Thread

I Pose a Question about the Federal Reserve,,,,Wide Open Thread


I posed this following question in a response to a comment on an earlier post to reader and Blogger Trestin who is justifiably concerned as to the actions of the Federal Reserve and I admittedly not waiting for his response (my apology Trestin), I thought I might pose it to all:

Q;  If not the Fed or politicians controlling our monetary policy just who do you suggest do this?

This came about by obvious maleficence by the current, well past decade or so, Fed actions as it goes beyond their purpose as Constitutionally established and for total disregard of long established economics due to political fortunes and interests.

I really want to know if those who want to get rid of the Fed entirely as opposed to reining it in back to it's stated purpose as created and furthermore do not want politicians directing the United States monetary policy, well just what or who would you replace it with?

Food for thought

I have no answer to this except to say that some entity must do this, responsibly that is, as even though we conservatives believe in a free market we are also talking about a stable monetary system yet with the fortitude to foresee or forestall global monetary forces to protect our National interests.